Saturday, March 17, 2012

For the love of wreaths

Thank you, Pinterest for giving me TOO MANY ideas of things to do in my home. A blog will soon be coming on all of the little projects I've completed around my place, but for now, I'll start with my most recent and my most favorite! 

I forgot to take pictures during the making of the wreath, but it was SUPER easy.


Here's what you'll need:
-foam wreath hoop
-burlap ribbon
-fake flowers
-cardboard initial cut out (found at JoAnn Fabrics for $1.99)
-moss covering
-hot glue gun
-scissors

So simple! Just wrap the foam hoops with the burlap ribbon. Secure it with some hot glue, using your trusty hot glue gun. The fake flowers, I chopped down so that some wire was still sticking out enough that I could poke into the foam wreath (secured it again with some hot glue on the under side). The cardboard "J" was a little more difficult and really messy, but I basically just wrapped it with moss lining, little by little, hot-gluing it along the way, cutting off spare pieces. Tied a ribbon around the top to hang it, and....DONE!

I love walking up to my front door and seeing this hanging there!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment